Face painting is one of the simplest art that can make your children really happy. However, it can be difficult to work with children. Here are few tips that should be followed while painting faces of your children:
1. Wash your hand using either hand sanitizer or baby wipes before applying any face paint on the faces of the children. You should also wash it when you are done with face painting of one of the children and moving to another.
2. Check if there is any allergy, rashes or wounds on the skin of the children. If you see any such mark, do not paint that area.
3. Face paint products, if not chosen wisely can have harmful impact on the skin of the children. It is essential to use non toxic products from well known brands to be on the safe side. It is better to use water based paints which get cleaned off easily with mild soap and water.
4. The easiest way of face painting is to first apply color to entire face and then add sparkles and accents. There are many face paint and design books available in the market. You can choose one for inspiration and practice.
5. You should never use acrylic or craft paints for face painting as it can cause many skin allergies
6. Keep cleaning materials such as baby wipes, hand sanitizer, towels to drape over the child to clean unwanted paint droplets.
7. Do not use metallic craft glitter for face painting. You should use glitter made up of polyester only with approx .008 microns or smaller size.
And, lastly practice makes every one perfect. Once you have learned the basic, keep on practicing to make more intricate designs.