If you’re looking to create a piece of art that is both unique and stylish, a custom floater frame canvas might be the perfect option for you. This type of framing involves stretching linen canvas over a wooden frame, which gives your artwork a clean and polished look. This article will show you how to test the fabric properly and achieve the perfect floating effect. Let’s get started!
What is A Floating Frame?
A floating frame is a type of frame that is designed to show off the entire piece of artwork, rather than just the portion that is covered by the mat or glass. The way it works is simple: the canvas is stretched over a wooden frame and then secured in place with staples or tacks. This allows you to see the entire painting rather than just a tiny portion.
Benefits of A Floating Frame
There are many benefits to using a floating frame, including the following:
- First, they give your artwork a clean and polished look.
- Second, they allow you to see the entire piece of art rather than just a tiny portion of it.
- Third, they are easy to make and can be done with just a few household items.
- Finally, they are very lightweight and can be hung on any wall.
How to Stretch Linen Canvas Properly
Now that we’ve gone over the basics of a floating frame, it’s time to learn how to stretch linen canvas properly. This straightforward process can be completed with just a few household items. All you need is a piece of canvas, some water, a bowl, some dish soap and an iron. Follow these simple steps to create a tight and wrinkle-free piece of fabric!
- Start by wetting the canvas with a damp cloth.
- Next, mix a small amount of dish soap into a water bowl.
- Dip the corner of the canvas into the soapy water and then wring it out.
- Quickly run an iron over the damp area to remove any wrinkles.
- Repeat this process until the entire canvas is stretched and wrinkle-free.
Now that you know how to stretch linen canvas, it’s time to put your new skills to the test! Please pick up a piece of canvas and frame it using the floating frame method. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the results!
Floating Frame Canvas Ideas for Your Home or Office
If you’re looking for some inspiration, check out these floating frame canvas ideas:
- Hang a floating frame canvas in your entryway to make an excellent first impression on guests.
- Use a floating frame canvas in your office to add a touch of style to your workspace.
- Create a gallery wall in your home by hanging multiple floating frame canvases.
- Give a floating frame canvas as a gift to a friend or family member.
- Use a sizeable floating frame canvas as a headboard for your bed.
- Hang a floating frame canvas in your bathroom to add a bit of personality to this often-forgotten space.
- Get creative and use floating frame canvases to make wall art, signs or other home decor items.
We hope you enjoyed this article on floating frame canvas ideas! If you have any questions or want to share your thoughts, please comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Conclusion: What is A Floating Frame?
Floating frames are picture frames designed to display your artwork without touching the glass. Instead, the painting is mounted on a piece of foam board and then placed inside the frame. The foam board is cut to fit snugly inside the frame, so it doesn’t move around.
Do you think a floating frame would be a good option for your artwork? Let us know in the comments below! If you want a custom frame for your artwork, head to our website! We offer a variety of sizes and colours to choose from.