A rolled canvas print is a piece of art that has been stretched and then wrapped around a cardboard roll. It's typically used in the commercial sector to show off artwork, but it can be put on display in your home too! Unfortunately, many people don't know how to frame their rolled canvas prints. If you want to learn more about this topic, keep reading!
To Frame or Not to Frame?
When considering how to frame a canvas print, the first decision is whether your artwork will be hung horizontally or vertically.
A horizontal print looks great with a wooden or metal frame, while vertical prints are displayed best in Plexiglass frames. Many people have even started using their rolled canvas prints as wall decals that can quickly and easily be removed.
If you're using a horizontal painting for this purpose, remember to measure the height of your artwork and subtract ½-1 inches from it before cutting the wood or metal support bars to size. If you use a Plexiglass frame, be sure that the width is large enough to accommodate any overhang that will occur when the print is mounted on the wall.
What Type of Frame?
Now that you've decided how to mount your painting, it's time to choose a frame. There are many different frames to choose from, but the most popular are wooden and metal frames.
Wooden frames come in many shapes and sizes, and they can be stained or painted to match any décor. If you choose a wooden frame, remember that the print will need to be mounted on a backing board before it's placed in the frame.
Metal frames come in both shiny and matte finishes, and they're typically less expensive than wooden frames. They also don't require a backing board, making them a popular choice for rolled canvas prints.
Plexiglass frames are another option, and they're perfect for vertical prints. They come in many different colours and styles, and they're very durable.
Putting It All Together
Now that you know how to frame a rolled canvas print, it's time to get creative! There are many different ways to display your artwork, so be sure to choose the right art supplies and the frame and mount that best suits your needs.
If you have any questions or need help choosing a frame, please don't hesitate to contact us. We would be happy to help you out in any way we can.
How to Frame a Rolled Canvas Print
Choose Your Mount
- Do you want your artwork to be displayed horizontally or vertically?
- If you're using a wooden frame, should the mount be placed on a backing board first?
- Does your rolled canvas print require Plexiglass?
Step 2: Pick Your Frame!
- Wooden frames come in many shapes and sizes
- Metal frames come in both shiny and matte finishes
- Plexiglass frames are perfect for vertical prints
Step 3: Hang It Up!
- Horizontal prints look great with a wooden or metal frame
- Vertical prints look best in Plexiglass frames
- Remember to measure the height of your artwork before cutting the wood or metal support bars to size!
- If you're using a Plexiglass frame, be sure that the width is large enough to accommodate any overhang that will occur when the print is mounted on the wall.
Do you want to get creative? There are many different ways to display your artwork!
Choosing the right frame can significantly enhance the appearance of your artwork on canvas boards painted with acrylic paint.
If you have any questions or need help choosing a frame, please don't hesitate to contact us. We would be happy to help you out in any way we can!