MM32 Light Modelling Paste is a new modelling compound that has the same qualities as our regular MM2 Impasto Medium, but with a lighter body and finish. (Size: 10L, 250ml, 1L, 4L)
Light Modelling Paste and Impasto Medium:
- Light Modelling Paste is lighter in weight than regular impasto.
- Light Modelling Paste dries to a matte white finish unlike Impasto, which dries to a cream, satin-gloss finish.
- Both take acrylic paint well.
- Both can be blended together for interesting textural effects.
- The slight texture of the Light Modelling Paste makes it suitable for use with dry pastels where the texture of Impasto may be too smooth to be suitable for this purpose.
Many artists use texture as means of expression in their paintings. Acrylic paints are generally known for their thicker consistency. However, they may not be thick enough to create the kinds of tactile textures sought by an artist. Although MM2 Impasto Medium is used to increase the body of acrylic paints, modelling compounds are sometimes needed to achieve more highly textured surfaces, as they retain the indentations and peaks made when applied and manipulated.